The Admissions Process
See details for
1. Connect with an AIU Admissions Advisor.
The advisor will:
- Ask about your goals and interests
- Guide you through the admissions process
- Assist with answering your questions
- Provide information to help you choose a degree program
- Describe what to expect from your classes
- Explain the next steps to take
Call , , or Request Information to take the first step.
AIU does not do business in the European Union (EU) and does not accept applications from EU residents seeking to enroll at the University.
2. Complete the online application.
The online application is designed to be quick, and easy and there is no application fee. It takes 10-15 minutes to complete and our admissions advisors can guide you through the process if needed.
Be ready to tell us:
- Basic information about yourself
- Where you’ve gone to high 五福彩821ccapp and/or college
- What degree program you’re interested in
If applicable, please also provide:
- College五福彩821ccapp transcript
- Other written verification
Don’t forget to create an account, so you can save your progress. You can start now and return later to finish if necessary.
3. Submit proof of high 五福彩821ccapp graduation or equivalent as well as any college transcripts.
AIU will review earned credits from:
- U.S.-accredited international institutions
- Accredited Title-IV eligible institutions located abroad
- Credits evaluated by acceptable International Credential Evaluators
- Institutions accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
You will have the opportunity to submit these documents during the online application process.
Have your 五福彩821ccapp send the documentation directly to AIU’s Admissions office:
American Intercontinental University
2200 E Germann Rd.
Chandler, AZ 85286-1585
See our Transcript Evaluation for more details.
4. Provide proof of English proficiency.
If English isn’t your first language, you’ll need to show that you’re proficient in English before you’re admitted to AIU. You can do that by submitting either test scores or proof that you’ve completed certain coursework. (If you’re a native English speaker, you can ignore this step.)
See the English Proficiency page for full details.
Once you're enrolled at AIU Online, it’s time to get ready for classes to start. These are the next steps you’ll want to take.
5. Learn what prior learning credits you may be eligible to receive.
Although AIU will review transcripts from international post-secondary institutions for credential evaluation, students will need to consult with an external credential evaluation service on their own.
Because of the time it can take for an evaluation to be completed by one of the approved evaluation institutions, AIU recommends students begin the evaluation process at the time of enrollment.
Learn More About Prior Learning Credit
6. Plan how you’ll pay for program costs.
Most types of financial aid in the U.S.—such as federal loans, grants and scholarships—require students to be U.S. citizens or legal residents.
Taking the time to learn about your options can help put an AIU education within reach.
7. Get to know the Virtual Campus.
This is the hub for all your online AIU classes, so take some time to explore its features before classes start. You’ll receive login information once your AIU admissions documentation is complete.
Call for assistance.
8. Participate in the orientation classroom.
9. Get ready to start your classes.
Classes Start April 1, 五福彩821ccapp